Saturday 17 March 2018

THOUGHTS

 No matter how hard I work or what I do, I cannot control people if I simply do the “right thing.” I must deal with the illusion of self-determination and the idol of control, and learn to trust the God of everlasting mercy and goodness.I am not nearly so strong as I imagine myself to be. I am not nearly so wise as I perceive myself to be. I am not nearly so self-sufficient as I pretend to be. As a broken sinner I am weak, foolish, needy, and dependent. I cannot handle life on my own, neither the good times nor the tough times. I need God and his grace constantly.
“But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain” Most learning requires a longer process than most of us expect. God breaks through engrained patterns of thought and behavior we have developed over many years. My list of lessons learned is always growing, sometimes daily.
Some days these lessons seem crystal clear, and I accept them. Other days, I have many questions that propel me to probe deeper into those lessons. However, I hope in the truth that “the LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands” (Ps. 138:8).
Whatever we do we need not to justify our deeds in the name of god.Earning wisely and spending wisely on family needs are justified. Know what to be in need and what  is to have in plenty.Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment