Tuesday 18 September 2018

God is not an object of our gratification or delectation.

God is not an object of our gratification or delectation. God is the Self of our Self and can only be approached in that way.
 “At the end of many births the wise man takes refuge in me. He knows: All is Vasudeva. How very rare is that great soul. Those whose knowledge has been stolen away by various desires resort to other gods, following various religious practices, impelled thus by their own natures. Whoever wishes to worship whatever form with faith, on him I bestow immovable faith. He who, endowed with this faith, desires to propitiate that form, receives from it his desires because their fulfillment has been decreed by me. But temporary is the fruit for those of small understanding. To the gods go the worshippers of the gods. Those who worship me come unto me: (7:19-23). Krishna said.“By persevering effort and mastery, the totally purified yogi, perfected through many births, reaches the Supreme Goal. The yogi is superior to ascetics, and considered superior to jnanis and superior to those engaged in Vedic rituals. Therefore be a yogi. Of all the yogis, he who has merged his inner Self in me and honors me, full of faith, I consider him the most devoted to me” (6:45-47).

No comments:

Post a Comment