Friday 20 July 2012

WOMEN................APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY

This was the name of classes opened for women who had suffered sever pains.One woman hands were crippled with arthritis that she had lost all the use of them,other woman  had in her thoughts that she had cancer of stomach. Others were chronically tired or had vague aches and pains.No, they suffered theses pains daily,all the time but their exhaustive  medical examination showed that nothing wrong with these women in physical sense.ALL IS IN MIND.But these women suffered,these pains were so real.What may be the reason and how one can help them to get rid of their pains?.

 Dr, Pratt realized that  it was no use to tell these women patients to go home and that they have no problem when actually they are suffering from pains.He opened class for these women,they talk to women and  suggest them to write down their problem on a paper, slowly-slowly their condition began to improve, Before such classes some of them were so worried about their sickness, now they were so confident and happy and in excellent health.Some were worried to the extent that the had wished to die instead of sufferings  physically and be dependent on others.Dr.Rose Hilferding,the medical adviser of the class,said  that  she thought one of the best  remedies for lightening your problems is talking your troubles over the someone you trust.It is called catharsis,listening to patients troubles over at length,until they get them past of their minds.Brooding over problems create tension and have affected their  nervous system,Only feeling   that there is some one who is willing to listen and able to understand, can help a lot in fact..

What caused the change,in sick women was talking to someone,getting little advice and little human sympathy. what had really worked the change was the tremendous healing value that lies in--------WORDS. Psychoanalysis is based to some extent,on the healing power of words,a patient could find a relief from his/her inner problems ,by" spitting it out "or" getting it of the chests" brings almost instant relief. 

I have done it,myself writing long papers,narrating my problems and reading them again and again,until I get a solution to my problem.It helped me a lot to improve my nervous breakdown,anxieties and depression which was due to the death of my close relatives suffering from cancers,seeing their pain and trauma I felt badly,curse my fate and God too ! I had suffered depression still trying my best to cope with real life situations,I want to help many others like me through these writings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment