Thursday 12 July 2012

MIND AND WILLPOWER


Mere absence of disease is not health. It is the overflowing fountain, not the one half Full, that gives life and beauty to the valley below. Only he is healthy who exults in mere animal existence whose very life is a luxury; who feels a bounding pulse throughout his body; who feels life in every limb, as dogs do when scouring over the field, or as boys do when gliding over fields of ice.Whose face  is glowing with the radiation of  love,peace and contentment  ? The only one who has mind control by strong willpower.

 "One day," said a noted rope-walker, "I signed an agreement to wheel a barrow along a rope on a given day. A  day or two before I was seized with lumbago. I called in my medical man, and told him I must be cured by a certain day; not only because I should lose what I hoped to earn, but also forfeit a large sum. I got no better, and the doctor forbade my getting up. I told him, 'What do I want with your advice? If you cannot cure me, of what good is your advice?' When I got to the place, there was the doctor protesting I was unfit for the exploit. I went on, though I felt like a frog with my back. I got ready my pole and my barrow, took hold of the handles and wheeled it along the rope as well as I ever did. When I got to the end I wheeled it back again, and when this was done I was a frog again. What made me that I could wheel the barrow? It was my reserve will.
" What a mighty will Darwin had! He was in continual ill health. He was in constant suffering. His patience was marvellous. No one but his wife knew what he endured. "For forty years," says his son, "he never knew one day of health;" yet during those forty years he unremittingly forced himself to do the work from which the mightiest minds and the strongest constitutions would have shrunk. He had a wonderful power of sticking to a subject.
No pain no gain .We get everything by putting efforts and degree of effort s  sets the success rate



No comments:

Post a Comment